Sunday, February 27, 2011

Only Love is Real

Chapter 2 from the book "Return to Love" by Marianne Williamson states:

1) Love is real.  It's an eternal creation and nothing can destroy it.

2) Anything that isn't love is an illusion.

3) Remember this, and you'll be at peace.


I realize that my marriage has been anything but filled with love. 

It also hit me hard at church when the preacher said that a marriage created before God should help both people grow on their spiritual journey.  You are suppose to help each grow closer to God.  I realize now that mine has been the opposite.  Instead over the past year, I have found it hard to even go to church, let alone anything else that could help me grow spiritually.  This is mainly because of the sleepless nights and migraine headaches that would result. 

A marriage should be nurturing, loving, supportive, and encouraging.  Maybe I am not meant to be with anyone but I know that I can't stay in an abusive marriage where I am treated with no respect, torn completely apart almost every day, and left feeling so worthless.

"A man who can't handle me at my worst doesn't deserve me at me best." - Marilyn Monroe

xo Sparkles

No comments:

Post a Comment